We aim to provide you with the latest top tips and ideas to help you make the most of your camping holiday. We have hand selected some of the best information, advice and links to provide you with expert tent reviews, the hottest new and trending gear, handy and practical top tips and the latest camping news. Essential Checklist – The beginners guide on what to take camping
- A tent
- Storage for in the tent
- A footprint to keep warmth in
- A carpet for comfort underfoot
- A plastic mallet
- Tent pegs
- Sleeping bag(s)
- Air Bed / Sleeping Mat
- A cool box or bag(s)
- A stove for cooking
- A lantern for night-time
- Wash bag and towel with toiletries
- Medicine/First aid kit
- Eating/drinking tableware
- Furniture (camping chairs/table)
- A bag for dirty washing
- A torch
- Insect repellent
- Toilet roll
Top Ten Tips
- Invest in a decent bed/mat and sleeping bag with a liner.
- Always choose a warmer sleeping bag than you think you will need and thermostats are defiantly worth investing in.
- If you have not got a sleeping bag, don’t rely on a duvet, as cold comes upwards, a duvet only on top of you wont keep you warm.
- Buy a tent that is one man bigger than you need.
- Invest in a decent stove, camping plates, bowls, cups and cutlery.
- A comfortable waterproof back pack with sturdy drinks flask and a good quality warm and waterproof coat and a warm jumper is essential.
- Get a decent non stick pan such as trangia
- Pitch on a slight incline so if it rains you are not going to get a flooded tent.
- Only take what you are actually going to use or wear.
We Love Check out his pinterest page for practical camping ideas: http://www.pinterest.com/campingroadtrip/practical-camping-rving-ideas/ The Hottest New and Trending Camping Gear Here is some of the most exciting camping and outdoor gear we have uncovered for 2018.
KELTY WING PACK
US brand Kelty made their name with backpacks and the 28-litre Wing Pack calls on classic designs from the company’s archives to celebrate their 60th anniversary. It’s not a museum piece though – with up-to-date features such as a media/sunglasses pocket, padded shoulder straps and a laptop sleeve.
KELTY TRAILOGIC PK 50 BACKPACK
The TrailLogic collection includes a backpack, a sleeping bag, a tent, and a sleeping mat, with each component designed to work together or independently. The 50-litre PK 50 is a zipperless backpack available in men’s and women’s versions. The flip-open design ensures quick, easy access to the individual storage compartments.
COLEMAN XTREME COOLBOX
Coleman’s boffins have worked out that increasing the insulation in the base and lid of a cooler and reducing the insulation in the sides, retains performance and internal capacity while cutting the external volume by more than a fifth. This means more space in your car and tent but the same amount of storage room for your wine, beer and grub.
GERBER GDC ZIP TOOLSBIOLITE KETTLEPOT
Gadgets are great, especially handy little tools like these. The Zip comes in four different models – the Hex, Driver, Light and Blade – and they’re ideal for including in your camping kit to carry out all those fiddly little jobs you need to do when you’re away from home.
VANGO EDEN 600 XL
Vango reckon this new AirBeam inflatable tent is the most luxurious out there, and while there will be some who would argue that point, there’s no question that this takes camping up a notch or two. With polycotton fabric and a large living area that leads out to a huge sun canopy, this is true 5-star camping.